Doc Ski 28 Years Old And Have Arthritis In My Knee...should I Still Run?

28 years old and have arthritis in my knee...should I still run? - doc ski

I had 3 knee operations in 10 years (1 ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair 2). I am very active. I love to play beach volleyball, soccer and skiing. The ortho doc told me I had arthritis and I suggested to start taking glucosamine tablets and see if it helps. If not, I get injections of cortisone. I took pills for a couple of days and not every exercise for a week in the knee and felt really good. I ran 2 miles yesterday afternoon and evening my knee was swollen and limited movement. How to ... I can not let the change of lifestyle. I love walking and driving sports, but whenever I do, my knee is swollen and it hurts.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go see a chiropractor? I had chronic pain in the neck and back, about the maintenance, non-prescription drugs. I was surprised to discover, through the X-rays and tests, a vertebra in the neck and back were displaced. Everything that works in your body outside the nervous system - which has its roots in the spine. If something in your column, you can pinch the nerves that sense in other parts of the body. Doc also told me that if I did not do anything about my pain, I would be an ideal candidate for his arthritis. I am in my late 20s, like you, and I want to stay active.

I have received chiropractic adjustments for about 1 month, and I am so happy w / the relief that the doctor was made available. My mobility has improved and I have more energy. In addition, pain, if it is manageable now. The pain does not prevent me from physical things.

Listen, before you start to shots or to undergo surgery more ...
Go see a chiropractor. It's worth it!

Anonymous said...

only works if u do not, you ok with your doctor, because if you go ahead and do what he inflict more damage to be sure!

Anonymous said...

only works if u do not, you ok with your doctor, because if you go ahead and do what he inflict more damage to be sure!

Post a Comment